Eventually you’ll have to clean the sludge from the bottom of your mixing tank or sludge pit. Maybe you only do this if the sludge forces you to shut down production.
Or maybe it’s part of a scheduled facility shutdown. Either way your employees will be happy that you’ll have a professional contractor perform the work… instead of them.
There’s a few reasons why it’s a good idea to have a professional tank sludge removal contractor perform the work instead of your own employees. The two main reasons being workplace safety and finishing within your deadline.
Before you ask your employees to remove the tank or pit sludge, ask yourself these 4 questions to access the risks:
- Do your employees have routine experience in Confined Space Entry?
- Do your employees know how to safely operate a high-pressure (15,000 psi) Water Blaster?
- Do your employees know the risks of using a high-pressure Water Blaster in a confined space tank cleaning?
- Do your employees carry a water blaster medical card that describes to emergency room physicians how to give medical attention to a water blaster injury?
Finishing within your Deadline
There’s a good chance that you planned to contract a professional tank sludge removal company to help you…even before you read the 4 questions above.
It’s probably because you know that it’s dangerous work and you need a team that can properly estimate how long it will take to complete the sludge removal…and that only comes from years of tank cleaning experience.
To complete your tank sludge removal project within your deadline, you’ll need a company that fully understands your wastes and risks. Injury, improper waste disposal, over-budget, missed deadlines, planning for the unexpected…these are all wastes and risks to your project.
So here’s 8 reasons how Advanced Waste Services eliminates your wastes and risks for Tank Sludge and Pit Cleaning projects.
- We have a comprehensive OSHA compliant rescue plan.
- We have specialized mechanical equipment to ensure attendant rescue and retrieval?
- We have a training program that simulates the highest hazard (and sometimes over sighted) realities of confined space entry.
- We have state of the art atmospheric testing devices.
- We have evaluation expertise for determining non permit vs permit required confined space entry conditions?
- We have clearly outlined responsibilities for the CSE entrant, attendant, supervisor and emergency response agent.
- We have successfully performed more than 5000 permit required confined space entries.
- We perform engineering controls for the elimination of IDLH (Immediately Dangerous to Life or Health) environments.
To learn more about Advanced Waste Services Tank Sludge Removal services visit our website or call us at 800-842-9792.
Advanced Waste Services | 800-842-9792