Zero Landfill at University Pays Off

John Brown University in Arkansas launched a zero landfill initiative as part of long term sustainability plan. (Photo Credit: Arkansas Business / Beth Hall)

John Brown University in Arkansas launched a zero landfill initiative as part of long term sustainability plan. (Photo Credit: Arkansas Business / Beth Hall)

A Christian liberal arts college, John Brown University, took a significant step in long term sustainability.

Producing more than 100 tons of waste in 2012, they adopted a zero landfill initiative. Today, only a year later, they recycle 42 percent. Even more amazing, the remaining 58% is converted into energy.

To read this amazing story, click here.

To get our help implementing a zero landfill program, click here or 800-842-9792.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s